- Harvard Global Health Catalyst summit lecture notes
- Wilfred Ngwa, Dr Paul Nguyen
- August 2017
The Harvard Global Health Catalyst summit is a premier yearly event bringing together leaders from across the world to share knowledge, discuss, and partner in developing innovative solutions to vexing health problems and advocating for progress towards improved health outcomes that save lives. The current main focus is on cancer, notably the emerging field of global radiation oncology, cancer prevention and advocacy. Given the importance, projected growth and newness of the field of global radiation oncology, this book chronicles the highly educational and eye-opening talks by health leaders at this growing yearly event. It serves as an educational and insightful reference for anyone interested in the rapidly growing field of global health.
Wilfred Ngwa is the Director of the Global Health Catalyst program at Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center and a professor of radiation oncology and faculty medical physicist at Harvard Medical School and the University of Massachusetts. He also currently holds an international guest professorship at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. He has published two books and won a number of awards and prizes, including the 2015 BRIght Futures Prize for innovative new technology designed for use during radiotherapy to kill cancer cells that have spread to other parts of the body.
Paul Nguyen MD is the Director of Prostate Brachytherapy, Senior Physician, and Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology at Harvard Medical School.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Lecture Notes in Global Oncology
2. Global Oncology Education and Capacity Building
3. Global Oncology Research
4. Global Oncology Care: Until every cancer patient has access to treatment
5. Global Oncology Outreach: Cancer Prevention and Advocacy
6. Frequently Asked Questions in Global Oncology – Global Radiation Oncology
7. Quo Vadis: Cancer Moonshot for Global Oncology
Hardback ISBN: 9780750313605
Ebook ISBN: 9780750313599
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing