Flexible Electronics, Volume 3
- Energy devices and applications
- Vinod Kumar Khanna
- July 2019
Flexible electronics is an emerging field with the potential for huge industrial importance. Comprising of three volumes, this work offers a cohesive, coherent and comprehensive overview of the subject. Themes covered include mechanical theory, materials science aspects, fabrication technologies, devices and applications.
Khanna provides a systematic, step-by-step treatment of each topic and utilizes clear and attractive illustrations throughout. The latest research and developments in this discipline are included, providing an excellent resource for graduate students, researchers and industry scientists.
This volume focuses on energy devices such as supercapacitors, batteries, energy harvesters, solar cells, and the applications of flexible electronics in displays and light-emission devices, CNT field emitters, sensors, memories, antennas and RFID tags.
Vinod Kumar Khanna is an emeritus scientist at CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute, India, and an emeritus professor at the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, India. Additionally, he is a retired chief scientist and head of the MEMS and Microsensors Group, CSIR-CEERI, Pilani.
Table of ContentsPart 1: Mechanical Background
1. Mechanical Bending of a Circuit
2. Stresses and Strains in the Hard-Film/Soft-Substrate Structure
3. Curvature and Overlay Alignment of the Hard-Film/Soft-Substrate Structure
4. Providing Stretchability by Controlled Buckling of Films
5. Bending Brittle Films
6. Deformation and Cycling of Ductile Films
7. Straining Permeation Barriers
Part 2: Materials
8. Inorganic Materials
9. Organic Materials
10. Nanomaterials: CNTs, Nanowires, Graphene and 2-D Materials
Part 3: Manufacturing Equipment and Machines
11. Printing Techniques
12. Vacuum Deposition
13. Silicon Microlectronics/MEMS Processes
Hardback ISBN: 9780750324540
Ebook ISBN: 9780750324564
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing