Virtual and Real Labs for Introductory Physics II
- Optics, modern physics, and electromagnetism
- Professor Daniel Erenso
- April 2022
Virtual and Real Labs for Introductory Physics II: Optics, modern physics, and electromagnetism provides the lab component for Introductory Physics II taught in a remote, on-ground, or a hybrid environment with little or no instructor guidance. The book offers the opportunity to realize these purposes by providing virtual and real lab components. The virtual lab primarily uses free publicly available PhTH online simulation packages for topics commonly covered in Introductory Physics II (optics, electricity, magnetism, and modern physics).
With an individual or combined approach to virtual and real lab activities supplemented by summaries of the basic theory to these topics in each chapter's first section, this book's ultimate purpose is to give students a deeper conceptual understanding of optics, electricity, magnetism, and modern physics.
- Addresses the need for virtual and hybrid learning labs brought on by the COVID19 pandemic.
- This book provides virtual lab component that utilizes the PhET online publicly and freely available simulation software.
- Presents virtual labs that replicate on ground real lab activities with the objectives and the step-by-step procedures described in a way for students to complete the lab independently.
- The virtual components of the book are designed for easy online access with embedded links to the PhET simulation site.
- This textbook is designed in a way instructors can upload each individual virtual or real lab sections as an individual module in their institution platform designed for remote online learning.
- Students can download and write their report in the same pdf file using currently availably modern electronic devices.
- In each chapter (in both virtual and real labs), there are quantitative and qualitative conceptual questions and graphical analyses that requires using EXCEL; which all are essential to the learning processes.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750337137
Ebook ISBN: 9780750337151
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing