Spectroscopic Techniques for Dentistry Applications
- Recent advances
- Ashutosh Kumar Shukla
- March 2022
Spectroscopic techniques have potential applications in many different fields. This book presents a general overview of different spectroscopic techniques and explores how they might be used for dentistry applications. With a general introduction to different techniques, the book discusses a wide range of spectroscopy techniques, with individual chapters focusing on specific techniques important to dentistry applications. Such techniques include Laser-induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Raman Spectroscopy, Fluorescence Spectroscopy and Electron Spin Resonance (ESR) spectroscopy. The book also covers molecular spectroscopic techniques such as UV-Visible Spectroscopy, Near-infrared Spectroscopy and Mid-infrared Spectroscopy. This book is suitable for Professionals and researchers in academia and Industry, as well as advanced students involved with EPR Spectroscopy and dentistry.
- The book highlights different spectroscopic techniques for dentistry applications.
- Each chapter includes a brief review followed by recent trends.
- Individual chapter content will be designed to address the needs of technicians in addition to researchers.
Ashutosh Kumar Shukla obtained his B.Sc., M.Sc. and D. Phil. degrees from the University of Allahabad. His doctoral research work involved using electron spin resonance spectroscopy and optical absorption spectroscopy to investigate transition ion doped single crystals. He has been a university teacher and researcher for 20 years and is currently an Associate Professor of Physics at Ewing Christian College, Allahabad, a University of Allahabad institution. He also served as an Associate Professor (Pure and Applied Physics) at Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, C.G. (A Central University). He has published numerous research papers in peer-reviewed journals and has edited various books, mostly on applications of EPR spectroscopy. He has delivered several invited lectures on characterization techniques at national and international conferences and workshops. He reviews manuscripts for a number of international journals. He has received numerous scholarships and fellowships, including National Scholarship, Scholarship of Ministry of Higher Education, Government of U. P., Research Fellowship of the Council of Science & Tech., Lucknow, U.P., Research Fellowship of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi and the Indian National Science Academy Bilateral Exchange Fellowship.
Table of Contents1. Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy in dentistry, Zühre Akarslan
2. Raman spectroscopy for dentistry applications, Saturnino Marco Lupi, Claudia Todaro, Benedetta Albini, Pietro Galinetto
3. Applications of fluorescence spectroscopy in Dentistry, Monalisa Mishra
4. ESR Spectroscopy techniques for Dentistry Applications-Recent advances, Rajeev Ranjan, Diplina Barman, Prashant Gupta, Sandeep Kumar
5. EPR spectroscopy in stomatology - towards and beyond dosimetry, Agata Niewczas and Przemysław M. Płonka
6. Application of Molecular spectroscopy and Chemometrics in dentistry, Gunawan Indrayanto and Abdul Rohman
Hardback ISBN: 9780750334570
Ebook ISBN: 9780750334594
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing