Semiconducting Metal Oxide Thin-Film Transistors
- Ye Zhou
- December 2020
Semiconducting metal oxide thin-film transistors (TFTs) are promising candidates for functional electronic devices and have attracted considerable attention due to their superior electrical performance, high transparency, excellent stability and uniformity.
The book introduces the concepts and working mechanisms of semiconducting metal oxide TFTs, with a focus on metal oxide thin films that have desirable electrical and optical properties. The relationship between material properties and device performance is analysed, and materials and device challenges, as well as possible strategies, are included to promote the commercial translation of metal oxide TFT-based optoelectronic devices.
Valuable as a reference text for researchers, and graduate students working in the fields of device physics, semiconducting materials and flexible electronics, the book is also essential reading for engineers working with semiconducting metal oxide TFTs in industry, particularly display and memory technologies.Key Features
- First book to focus on the applications of semiconducting metal oxide TFTs
- Covers the latest technologies in the field, including displays, sensors, logic operations, data storage and neuromorphic computing for artificial intelligence
- Analyses the relationship between material properties and device performance
- Includes possible strategies to overcome materials and device challenges to promote the commercial translation of the technology
- Includes video demonstrations to help readers understand how the devices work
Ye Zhou is an IAS Fellow and a group leader at the Institute for Advanced Study, Shenzhen University. He has published more than 120 papers and serves as the Associate Editor of IEEE Access, Applied Nanoscience and Science and Technology of Advanced Materials. He is Editorial/Community Board Member of Materials Horizons, Multifunctional Materials, Chemistry and PLOS ONE.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750325547
Ebook ISBN: 9780750325561
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing