Practical Terahertz Electronics: Devices and Applications, Volume 2
- Optical devices and applications
- Vinod Kumar Khanna
- December 2021
This research and reference text provides a comprehensive and authoritative survey of the state-of-the-art in terahertz electronics research Covering the fundamentals, operational principles, and theoretical aspects of the field, the book equips the reader to take the practical steps involved in the fabrication of devices that work in the terahertz frequency range. Volume two focuses on optical devices and their applications, providing a detailed discussion of bolometers, Golay cells, pyroelectric detectors, optical rectification and electro-optic effect-based components, photoconductive antennas, photomixers, quantum cascade and optically-pumped gas lasers. Applications of terahertz electronics in communication, spectroscopy and imaging are also described. Intended for researchers and professionals in the field, the text is an essential reference for anyone working at the cutting edge of terahertz electronics.
- Provides a comprehensive review of the state-of-the-art in terahertz electronics research
- This volume covers photothermal methods, THz optoelectronics and applications in communications, imaging and spectroscopy
- Includes fundamentals, operational principles, theoretical aspects of devices and circuits, and advanced research
- Includes discussion sections and illustrative numerical problems
- Provides an up-to-date, cohesive text for researchers and professionals, and acts as valuable supplementary reading for electronic engineering students
Dr Vinod Kumar Khanna is a former emeritus scientist at CSIR, emeritus professor at AcSIR and a retired Chief Scientist and Head of the MEMS & Microsensors Group at CSIR-CEERI in India. He received his MSc. degree in Physics in 1975 and his PhD in Physics from Kurukshetra University, India, in 1988. Dr Khanna has authored 16 books, authored or co-authored over 192 research papers, and has 5 patents, including 2 in the USA.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750348843
Ebook ISBN: 9780750348867
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing