Practical Terahertz Electronics: Devices and Applications, Volume 1
- Solid-state devices and vacuum tubes
- Vinod Kumar Khanna
- December 2021
This research and reference text provides a comprehensive and authoritative survey of the state-of-the-art in terahertz electronics research. Covering the fundamentals, operational principles, and theoretical aspects of the field, the book equips the reader to take the practical steps involved in the fabrication of devices that work in the terahertz frequency range. Volume one focuses on solid-state devices and vacuum tubes, discussing Schottky, MIM, self-switching, geometric, resonant tunneling, IMPATT and Gunn diodes, HBTs, MOSFETs, and HEMTs, as well as traveling wave tubes, backward wave oscillators, gyrotrons and free electron lasers. Intended for researchers and professionals in the field, this text will be an essential reference for anyone working at the cutting edge of terahertz electronics.
- Provides a comprehensive review of the state-of-the-art in terahertz electronics research
- This volume covers solid-state THz electronics and vacuum THz electronics
- Includes fundamentals, operational principles, theoretical aspects of devices and circuits, and advanced research
- Includes discussion sections and illustrative numerical problems
- Provides an up-to-date, cohesive text for researchers and professionals, and acts as valuable supplementary reading for electronic engineering students
Dr Vinod Kumar Khanna is a former emeritus scientist at CSIR, emeritus professor at AcSIR and a retired Chief Scientist and Head of the MEMS & Microsensors Group at CSIR-CEERI in India. He received his MSc. degree in Physics in 1975 and his PhD in Physics from Kurukshetra University, India, in 1988. Dr Khanna has authored 16 books, authored or co-authored over 192 research papers, and has 5 patents, including 2 in the USA.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750331692
Ebook ISBN: 9780750331715
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing