Neurocognitive Perspectives of Prosocial and Positive Emotional Behaviours
- Theory to application
- Dr. Shashikanta Tarai, Arindam Bit
- December 2021
Neurocognitive and behavioural science is a unique discipline with the potential to develop new research in the fields of neuroscience and social, biological and engineering sciences. Combining the authors' own research with a comprehensive survey of the field, the book marshalls impressive evidence to explore the idea that prosocial and positive emotional behaviours enhance the neurocognitive plasticity of the human brain. The authors discuss the relationship between prosocial and positive action and the recovery of brain tissue loss, blood-brain-barrier (BBB) breakdown, brain hypo-perfusion and inflammatory responses predict the onset of neurodegeneration (ND), in particular in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease (AD). This text is an ideal reference for the laboratories of neuroscience, clinical linguistics, neurolinguistics and cognitive sciences. It also comprises a useful interdisciplinary course text for undergraduate and graduate students.
- The book contains twelve chapters dedicated to the outcome of the research findings of the authors. It also contains a comprehensive review of the literature relevant to the context of how prosocial activities influences neural signature, and thereby modulates societal harmony and cooperation.
- For the first time, the quantitative and computational approaches have been discussed and presented to classify and categorize the neural signature of prosocial behaviour and languages in the human brain.
- The scope of the book covers the area of behavioural science, neuroscience, psycholinguistic, and social and affective sciences.
- This book will serve as a reference book which will be useful to the laboratories of neuroscience and cognitive science. Both experts and non-experts will benefit from the research.
Shashikanta Tarai received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), Chennai, India. After his PhD, he completed his Postdoctoral Research at the Centre of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences (CBCS), University of Allahabad, India. He was one of the awardees of the University Grant Fellowship (2006-2011) and Cognitive Science Initiative Fellowship (2012-2014) sponsored by the University Grant Commission and the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. He is currently serving as Assistant Professor in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology Raipur, India. Dr. Tarai published more than 20 research papers in peer-reviewed journals in the area of linguistics, neurolinguistics, psycholinguistics, and cognitive neuroscience of emotion and neurodegeneration. He served as an Associate Editor of the previewed Journal SN Social Sciences; he is currently serving as Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Language and Linguistics. He presented his research accomplishments in Germany, Japan, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates.
Arindam Bit received his Ph.D. in Biofluidic Engineering at Jadavpur University, India. He is currently serving as Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the National Institute of Technology Raipur, India. He has more than 40 research publications in peer-reviewed journals. He served as guest editor to the Journal of Healthcare Engineering. He is a reviewer to many journals such as Journal of Psycholinguistic Research, Journal of Cognitive Neurodynamics, Journal of Scientific Report-Nature, Journal of Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics: An International Journal, Acta Biomechanics and Bioengineering, and Journal of Computer Methods in Medicine. He is working in the field of healthcare technology, namely, tissue biomechanics, organoid modelling, and cognitive neuroscience.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750333818
Ebook ISBN: 9780750333832
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing