Modeling and Design Photonics by Examples Using MATLAB®
- Dan T Nguyen
- July 2021
DescriptionAs a broad area of science and technology, modeling and computational photonics is an ever-growing and developing topic. Covering the crucial foundations of photonics, as well as delving into the more complex aspects of the field, Modeling and Design Photonics by Examples with MATLAB® is a comprehensive study of computational photonics that will bridge the gap between academic and industrial worlds. Using MATLAB® code to help provide solutions, this book will help readers to use modelling as an effective tool for designing and optimizing photonic systems.
- Bridges the gap between academic descriptions and real modeling works in photonics.
- Provides details of physics and mathematical models of the problems.
- Includes MATLAB® codes for some important problems that are still new to many readers.
- Presents detailed explanations of the physics and solutions from the modeling results.
- Helps readers to use modeling as a tool for designing and optimizing photonics systems.
Dan T Nguyen is a Senior Optical Scientist at Corning Research and Development Corporation (CRDC), Corning, NY, USA and Adjunct Professor at the College of Optical Sciences, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA, and was Associate Research Professor of the College prior joining CRDC in 2017. He has authored and co-authored more than 75 research publications, 5 US patents, and several pending patents. His research interests include photonics computation, modeling and design of optics and photonics, fiber design, fiber lasers and fiber amplifiers, quantum communication, quantum integrated photonics, optical computing, quantum computing, VCSELs, GAWBS noise, laser cooling, micro-cavity bio-sensing, optical limiting, nonlinear optics, and plasmonics.
Table of Contents
2. One-Dimensional Periodic and Quasi-Periodic Photonics Crystal Structures
3. Beam Propagation Method for Modelling Multimode Clad-Pumped Fibre Amplifiers
4. Modelling Ultrafast Mode-Locking Lasers
5. Pulse Chirped Amplifications
6. Modelling Singe Photons Quantum Walks in Photonics Waveguides
Hardback ISBN: 9780750322706
Ebook ISBN: 9780750322720
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing