Lens Design (Second Edition)
- Automatic and quasi-autonomous computational methods and techniques
- Donald Dilworth
- December 2020
This second edition of Lens Design: Automatic and quasi-autonomous computational methods and techniques shows how these new tools can design systems in minutes that would have required weeks or months of labor using older methods.
- Discusses the pros and cons of traditional design tools and the role of aberration theory today
- Explains the topology of the lens design landscape and why there are many different solutions
- Shows how to quickly achieve many potential solutions and how to select a preferred solution
- Describes tools for modifying a lens form by automatically inserting or deleting elements
- Lists a variety of tips and ideas that resulted from 50 years of experience
Donald C Dilworth received a BS in Physics from MIT in 1961. He is the developer of design software starting in 1962 for the Apollo project, and the author of the PSD III optimization algorithm, which is part of the SYNOPSYS™ lens design program. He is the author of 27 publications and owner of 13 patents.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750336932
Ebook ISBN: 9780750336956
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing