Laser Micro- and Nano-Scale Processing
- Fundamentals and applications
- Dr Ahmed Issa, Professor Dermot Brabazon
- August 2021
DescriptionThis book presents a collection of chapters written by experienced researchers in the fields of laser micro- and nano-scale processing for both surface and bulk processing covering surface modification processes, laser material interaction regimes, laser system construction for micro- and nanomachining applications, and the thermal mathematical modelling of laser processes. As an important reference for researchers in the field of micro- and nano-scale processing, this book aims to assist researchers and postgraduates in becoming familiar with the principles, capabilities and potential of the laser processing of materials quickly. Offering a one-stop reference, this book provides an understanding of the physical phenomena, process principles, latest achievements, and applications from the key researchers and research groups that focus on precision micro- and nano-scale laser processing.
- Provides the fundamental processes and applications of laser micromachining.
- Includes simplified descriptions of the physical principles underlying micromachining.
- Details the physical phenomena, process principles, and latest achievements.
- Descriptions, illustrations, and citations will be provided throughout to enhance the reader experience.
- Mathematical modeling, simulation packages, and experimental procedures will be explained.
Dr Ahmed Issa is an Assistant Professor of Mechatronics Engineering, at the Al Azhar University – Gaza, Palestine. He is currently the director of an Erasmus+ Capacity Building in Higher Education and the general chair of the 2020 International Conference on Assistive and Rehabilitation Technologies (iCareTech2020). He is a board member of the higher council for innovation and excellence in Palestine.
Professor Dermot Brabazon, BEng, PhD, is currently the Director for the Advanced Processing Technology Research Centre at Dublin City University (DCU), Deputy Director of I-Form, Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, and is an academic staff member in the DCU School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. Prof. Brabazon was conferred with the President's Award for Research in 2009 and the AMPT Gold Medal for life time service achievement in Research and Teaching in 2018.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750316811
Ebook ISBN: 9780750316835
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing