First-Principles Calculations for Cathode, Electrolyte and Anode Battery Materials
- Ming-Fa Lin, Ms Thi Dieu Hien Nguyen, Dr Shih-Yang Lin, Dr Hsien-Ching Chung, Dr Ngoc Thanh Thuy Tran
- December 2021
This book presents the first-principles calculations that can be used to determine the essential chemical and physical characteristics of cathode, electrolyte and anode materials in ion-based batteries. Methods for evaluating and analysing the first-principles results are discussed in detail, and the theoretical framework is illustrated for each system. This text is ideal as a reference for researchers and senior graduate students working on the theory and fundamental science of battery materials. It will also be useful for materials scientists and condensed matter physicists studying diverse crucial material properties.
- Explores first-principles calculations that can be used to determine the essential chemical and physical characteristics of cathode, electrolyte and anode materials in ion-based batteries
- Focuses on simulations and provides a theoretical framework for 3D multi-component compounds
- Covers the geometric, electronic, magnetic and optical properties of lithium, aluminium, iron, and part of sodium, potassium, magnesium-ion-based batteries
- Discusses methods for evaluating and analyzing the first-principles results
- Includes the engineering integrations, potential applications, and outlook of the Li-ion battery industry
Ming-Fa Lin is a distinguished professor in the Department of Physics at National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan. He received his PhD in physics in 1993 from the National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan. His main scientific interests focus on essential properties of carbon related materials and low-dimensional systems. He is a member of American Physical Society, American Chemical Society, and the Physical Society of Republic of China (Taiwan). He has authored or co-authored over 500 journal articles, books and book chapters.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750346832
Ebook ISBN: 9780750346856
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing