Emerging Laser Technologies for High-Power and Ultrafast Science
- François Légaré
- July 2021
DescriptionEmerging Laser Technologies for High-Power and Ultrafast Science includes chapters from leading experts devoted to the most recent achievements in the field. Including cutting-edge topics such as high energy/high average power laser systems, the most current developments for high repetition rate high average power infrared fiber laser systems, breakthroughs of the development of CPA based on chromium doped zinc selenide gain material, infrared/mid-infrared laser systems based on high average power Ytterbium pumped OPCPA, and generation of ultrashort laser pulses in the UV spectral range. This book will serve as an important reference for students, researchers, scientists, and engineers interested in the development of next generation of ultrafast laser technologies.
- Contributions from leaders in the field of ultrafast science.
- Discusses the recent developments including high average power/peak power laser technologies.
- Includes recent developments of optical parametric chirped pulse amplifiers for the amplification of few-cycle pulses.
- Presents hollow core fiber compression for the generation of few-cycle pulses.
- Provides important references and discusses different approaches for the development of next generation of ultrafast laser technologies.
François Légaré, Ph.D. is a Fellow and senior member of the Optical Society (2017) and a member of The College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists of the Royal Society of Canada (2017). He was awarded the Herzberg medal from the Canadian Association of Physics (2015) and the Rutherford Memorial Medal in physics of the Royal Society of Canada (2016). He has contributed to more than 160 articles in peer reviewed journals and was invited to more than 70 conferences and workshops.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750325349
Ebook ISBN: 9780750325363
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing