Composites Engineering: An A–Z Guide
- Dr Parvez Alam
- October 2021
DescriptionComposites Engineering: An A–Z Guide provides a quick and accessible reference to composites terminologies. Arranged like a dictionary, each entry provides a brief but thorough description of over 90 typical and atypical composites terminologies. Comprehensive without being overly detailed, the book fills a gap for an accessible reference text of composites engineering terms and concepts. It is ideal for composites scientists and engineers at universities and in industry, as well as for undergraduates new to the field.
- An easy-to-use reference text on composites engineering for researchers and students, particularly those that are new to the field
- Provides an accessible reference for typical and atypical composites terminologies
- Arranged in A–Z format with 1–2 pages per term
- Entries are comprehensive but not overly complex or detailed
- Figures are included to illustrate the concepts being discussed
About EditorsDr Parvez Alam is currently a Senior Lecturer in Materials Modelling and Design at The University of Edinburgh (UK). He is a Fellow of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (FIMMM), a Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology (FRSB), a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE) and a Chartered Mechanical Engineer (CEng). He is also an Adjunct Professor of Composite Materials and Biostructures (Finland), and a Visiting Professor of Biomimetics (Indonesia). Prior to his current post, he held a Senior Marie Curie Fellowship where he worked on advanced composites for use in renewable energy technologies. His research efforts are primarily focused on: biomimetic design, composite materials, materials mechanics, mechanical metamaterials, comparative biomechanics, and engineering design.
Table of Contents
Hardback ISBN: 9780750335256
Ebook ISBN: 9780750335270
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing