Advances in Image and Data Processing using VLSI Design, Volume 2
- Biomedical applications
- Sandeep Saini, Kusum Lata, Abhishek Sharma, G R Sinha
- July 2022
DescriptionVLSI is a well-established field of research that ignited the modern computing revolution. Serving as a guide to future developments, this book provides the frame of design, modeling concepts, and application of Image Processing based systems using VLSI design techniques. This volume focuses on biomedical applications where image processing-based hardware design is used for applications such as cancer detection, ECG, EEG measurements, medical imaging-based healthcare systems, and smart homes for elderly and disabled people. The book will help the research community to get in-depth knowledge of various systems that can be designed with image processing techniques using hardware.
- Describes concepts of state-of-the-art Image processing-based VLSI Design.
- Describes the Hardware implementation of image and video processing algorithms.
- Offers real-time hardware system design for smart cities.
- Develops dedicated hardware design for medical image processing applications.
- Explores VLSI design for Cognitive Science, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
About EditorsDr. Sandeep Saini has been active in field of VLSI design and hardware implementation for more than a decade. He has published more than 30 articles in reputed Journals and conferences. He has guided 10 PG thesis in the field of VLSI design, hardware implementation, image processing-based hardware and reversible logic design.
Dr. Kusum Lata is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at LNMIIT-Jaipur. She received M.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, India and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India. She has authored or co-authored more than 30 technical papers and 1 book chapter. Her research interests include digital circuit design using FPGAs, Design for Testability, Formal Verification of Analog and Mixed Signal Designs and Hardware Security.
Dr. Abhishek Sharma received his PhD in Engineering from University of Genoa, Italy. He is presently working as an Assistant professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at The LNM Institute of Information and Technology, Jaipur, India. He is the centre lead of the LNM-Center of Smart Technology, and has filed 5 patents.
Dr. G R Sinha has made significant advancements in the fields of academic research and consultancy. He is known globally as an expert in the emerging topic of VLSI design.
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. Multidimensional Processor design for Image and video processing
3. Low power Error correcting codes using FPGA
4. VLSI architecture for real-time image and video processing-based Applications
5. Low power Devices in Image Processing
6. Multidimensional Data Analysis
7. Data Augmentation
8. Simulations of Real Time Implementations of VLSI based Image Processing
9. Emerging VLSI technologies for Bio-Signal and Image Processing
10. Case Studies on VLSI and its applications in Image Processing
11. Brain Disorder and Cancer detection Methods
12. Medical Imaging based Healthcare system
13. Smart Home for Elderly People and disabled people
14. VLSI for Cognitive Science, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
15. Deep learning for Biomedical image processing
16. Edge and cloud computing techniques
17. VLSI Design and Optimization for Image processing cellular neural networks
18. Internet of Biomedical Things (IoBT)
19. Future Research Directions
Hardback ISBN: 9780750339216
Ebook ISBN: 9780750339230
Publisher: Institute of Physics Publishing